School Rules & Regulations
A) NATIONAL ANTHEM & PLEDGE
Pupils who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
1) Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
2) The Boy’s Uniform – The shorts should not be too tight.
3) The Girl’s Uniform – The skirt length should cover the knee.
4) All pupils are to wear white shoes without any colored markings, stripes or logos.
5) All pupils are to wear standard white socks as part of their school uniform. Socks have to be visible above the ankle.
6) Physical Education (PE) Attire
All pupils must be in their PE attire during PE lessons and they can remain in that attire throughout the whole day.
Boy’s and Girl’s PE Attire:
School T-shirt and maroon PE shorts. Name tag should be above the school crest.
7) Pupils must be neat in appearance. Boys are not allowed to keep facial hair and boys with facial hair will be required to be clean-shaven.
8) Boys should have a student haircut. Their hair should be short and neatly combed. Spiky/ pointed hair is not allowed.
9) Girls with shoulder length hair or longer should tie their hair. The hair / fringe should not touch the eyebrows. Girls should only use black / maroon / white hair bands, hair clips or scrungies. No fanciful hair accessories allowed.
10) Pupils should retain the natural colour of their hair. They are not allowed to colour their hair.
11) Pupils are not allowed to wear jewellery to school. Girls are only allowed to wear a pair of small stud earrings, one on each ear. The colour of the stud earrings should be confined to gold, silver or black.
12) Pupils are not allowed to wear coloured contact lenses.
13) Watches containing animated or game features that cause distraction in class are not allowed.
1) All pupils are expected to be punctual for school.
2) All pupils are strongly encouraged to be at the assembly areas by 7.25am so that the morning assembly can start promptly at 7.30am
3) When the chime is sounded five minutes before recess ends, pupils are to start assembling in the hall.
D) CANTEEN RULES
1) Pupils are to queue up to buy food.
2) After eating, all plates and utensils are to be returned to the respective basins in front of the stalls. Food remnants left on the table are to be cleared too.
3) All food and drinks are to be consumed only in the canteen premises.
4) There should be no running and playing in the canteen.
1) Pupils are not allowed to litter anywhere in the school.
2) Litter seen anywhere should be picked up and thrown into a dustbin.
F) SERIOUS OFFENCES
1) Pupils should not vandalize or deface school property e.g. school building, furniture, fire alarm panels, etc.
2) Pupils should not leave the school compound during curriculum or recess time without the permission of the principal / vice principal / form teacher / subject teacher.
3) Pupils who are in school before / after curriculum time for supplementary lessons, remedial lessons, CCAs etc are not allowed to leave the school compound unless they have a written note from their parents.
4) All pupils are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others
5) Pupils should not play truant.
6) Pupils are not allowed to use abusive/ vulgar language.
7) Pupils should not be involved in stealing, fighting, extortion or smoking.
8) Pupils should not be defiant / rude to the staff of the school.
1) Pupils are not allowed to bring handphones to school unless under special circumstances with approval from school.
2) Those with approval are not allowed to use the handphones within the school premises.
They can use them on the way to school or on the way home.
3) If any pupil is caught using handphone within the school premises, the handphone will be confiscated and parents will be told to come to school to collect it and henceforth the pupil will not be allowed to have a handphone in school.
H) OTHER RULES
1) Pupils are not allowed to bring things that will cause distraction to the pupils’ attention in
class e.g, trading cards, handheld games and othr form of electronic toys and devises, etc.
However, pupils are allowed to bring board games like chess, draughts and snake and ladder. These games can only be played during recess time.
2) Absence from school must be explained either by producing a medical certificate or a letter from the parent or guardian.
2) When pupils assemble in the canteen / on the parade square / in the hall, they should do so quietly and quickly. Pupils should move to and from their classrooms quietly.
POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE TO SCHOOL RULES
- Verbal warning by school staff.
- The matter will be brought to the Principal’s / Vice Principal’s / HOD Student Management’s / Year Head’s and Assistant Year Head’s attention for further action.
- Pupils will not be allowed to join other pupils during recess and are to bring their own food from home and consume in during their detention.
- Pupils will pick litter within the school compound or clean canteen tables after recess.
- Suspension from school.
- Caning will not be ruled out for serious offences.